Re: [IP] Re: trading pumps

My insurance company BC/BS sees an upgrade as a new purchase. I was told if
something were to happen to my pump when the warrenty is out  we would have
get it fixed at our expense. (Fixed??)They don't have a clue what these pumps
are about.
Then if it couldn't get "fixed" I would have to go through the procedure as
if
I we were getting a new pump. Meaning letter of need etc.  I really can't
blame
doctors these days..insurance companies place so much paper work on them.
Many good doctors are leaving managed care because of insurance companies
telling them how to treat their patients and tying the doctors hands and this
lowering the medical care many people get. I know many M.Ds who have left
managed care to go into teaching. My own doctor being one of them.
Ginny
email @ redacted