[IP] Re: Upgrading

> Jan,  The sales
> gal where I got my newer Jepp this past month is on an old 506 pump and
> really wants to get a newer one, preferably one that is waterproof (she
> dropping it in the tub!!)  Anyway, her insurance requires a note of need ,
> something like that, from her Endo and he won't do it..  His thought is that
> if the old one is still working then why bother getting a new one.  The
> waranty ran out THREE years ago.  Any suggestions I can give her?  I think
> her Endo should be SHOT!!!  Any thought from you too Spot? > Sylvia

I'm going to recommend a little sleuthing here. Check out the make/model of
that endo's vehicle. If his *old* one was working 3 yrs out of warranty (7 yrs
old) then why buy a new one? We're talking her LIFE and the delivery of the
life-sustaining control *juice*. His would be a transportation of his body -
not his life. I think the car analogy compared to him might trigger his
thought. After all, no $$$$ would be coming out of his pockets! Let us know.
Another thought - have her call MiniMed and see which other endo in her area
would be cooperative - or maybe MM would call THAT endo and convince him.
Worth a try.