[IP] pump precautions and cold weather exercise

This is my first winter pumping and I'm wondering at what level I should
go to special precautions to keep the pump/tubing warm while doing
aerobic activities outside in the cold.  I like to run and cross-country
ski and have been clipping the pump to my waist inside my pants (in
warmer weather I wear it on the outside) with the tube tucked in.  When I
am downhill skiing or just outside in the snow, I am more warmly dressed
and have heavier snowbibs on and so I don't think I'll have to worry
about the pump in those situations.  But, when I am running, I don't have
many layers on, so I'm wondering if having the pump next to my body is
sufficient or if I should have some kind of insulated case as well.  I
don't usually run for more than an hour, and usually not below 15deg F,
but could be xc skiing for most of the day and in colder temps.

Thanks for any tips