Re: [IP] Quick Release Barrel

On 4 Jan 2001, at 7:08, email @ redacted wrote:

> Would like to know if anyone else is having the same problem I am with
> unscrewing the barrel on the quick release Mini-med pump.  I cannot release
> the barrel on the last few quick release sets.  I was wondering if they are
> defective or if anyone else has the same problem.  It means changing the
> whole set when you do not have to.  Very frustrating.

oh yes!  I've frequently had that problem.

What I try to do now is work it several times before I insert the set.
To loosen it up *before* it's in me.  I forgot to do that once and had
to get hubby to help me put it back together.

One time, when I was by myself and couldn't find any pliers, I used
two sets of tweezers, sliding them all the over the QR so that the
connected end was up againt the QR.  (The side that forms the
bottom part of a V).  then the open ends were sticking out and gave
me some extra leverage.

However, when I remember to work the QR several times before
insertion, it hasn't caused me any problems.