Re: [IP]Financial Support of this Group

>> What about the pump companies?  they get free promos form the IP
>> page. This list gets more people on the pump than otherwise would.
>> It keeps more on teh pump than otherwise would stay on it.
>The pump companies all have done their share and I expect
>they probably will do so again this year. There is a maximum limit
>set by the IRS in funding IP can accept from one source on an annual
>basis. Without writing a grant proposal for a specific project,
>etc.... IP can accept the greater of 5% of total revenues or $5000.
>The $5000 far exceeds the 5% number.

Your IRS is as sticky as our RevCan.  (Yeah I still owe them 15k from a
bankrupt firm that wasn't my own to begin with... ..arrgghh)!  Anyways, I
will keep thinking.

What about these:

- a card inside each packet of supplies or even just with each new pump
distributed by the pump firms.  The card would be an advert for IP list and
a plea for a donation.

- the same could be enclosed with books by the publishers "Pumping insulin".

- Clinic endorcing pump use and recommending subscription to IP list could
include such cards in the start-up info.

I relaize the repsonse rate for this type of promo is less than .05% but
apparently there are 200,000 of us in NA.

We pay for everything else and me, like many have no insurance nor
governemt coverage for the pump nor it's supplies.  Yet this service is as
valuable as the pump is and that costs $5,000.

Darrin Parker
Nova Scotia, Canada!
of MDI!  (To date:  40% improvement in average bg's and 90% fewer hypos)!