Re: [IP] Re: lancet change

At 03:59 PM 1/3/2001 Andy Johnson wrote:
 >Pretty funny with your Lancelot stuff :-)
 >Am I in the minority here being someone who changes the lancet after each
 >finger stick?

I know that changing lancets after every use is what you're usually taught
to do by medical staff. However, I think that as long as it's just one
person who's using the device, that it really isn't that crucial for most
people to change so often. I know that many folks just use lancets until
they start to feel uncomfortable or they stop working well. I change mine
about once a month and I've never had an infection from a lancet yet.
However, YMMV.

The whole big deal about the semi-annual lancet change, however, can be
placed squarely on the shoulders of George.  He started it!! :-)