Simplistically, big babies are because the mother's BG levels were higher than
normal and the baby's pancreas produced insulin to regulate itself (The

If you're in reasonable control, you shouldn't have that problem..

Big babies were an issue in the 'old days' and that's why they were delivered
early. Picture a 12 lb baby with hardly any lung function. That's what
diabetic mothers used to face, and still do, if their control isn't good.

Don't be depressed, be INFORMED.

Jenny Sutherland

  Question--If the fact that insulin is a growth hormone is what causes bigger
  babies, why do Diabetics have this problem?  Don't non-Diabetics produce as
  much insulin as I artificially take? I don't really get it.  But I want a
  second opinion.  Ten pounds.  GEEZ.

  Sherry C
  From the massive city of Bowling Green, Ky
  Trying not to think about ten pound babies