[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V4 #753

Subject: Re: [IP] Krispy Kreme D-nuts

On 2 Jan 2001, at 11:47, email @ redacted wrote:

> Has anyone had any luck with how many carbs a glazed Krispy Kreme donut
> contains? The boxed ones, that comes from the grocery store say 23gms but
> that is way off. Plus they all weigh a different amt.

I found that when I buy them directly from the Krispy Kreme bakery that ONE
will need a 2.5 unit bolus, but TWO will need a 6 unit bolus.  (My ratio is
1u = 14 carbs.)  It seems strange, but if I only have one, the lesser amt of
insulin is fine, but if I do splurge and have two, then I need that extra
unit to keep me level.  As for the ones they make for the grocery stores, I
asked, and they are indeed smaller than the ones at the bakery, so you will
need to experiment.  Have Fun!!!  <g>