In a message dated 1/3/01 11:12:14 AM, email @ redacted writes:

<< I dev a
reddening of the skin just around the edge of the silhouette just in front of
where the canula is inserted.  >>

Kathie, I used to get redness around the cannula entrance, with a bump after
the set was taken out (and a little pus a couple times).  I now insert
through tape (either tegaderm HP or IV3000) and add a half piece of tape over
the side of the set that doesn't disconnect, and this seems to keep it from
reddening for around 3 days.  I suspect I was getting irritation from
movement that was irritating the site.  Might be worth a try.

Linda Z