Re: [IP] RE: Big Babies

At 10:07 PM 1/2/2001 -0600, you wrote:
>BITE YOUR TONGUE!!! I am aiming for a seven pounder.  Dear Lord.  TEN
>Question--If the fact that insulin is a growth hormone is what causes bigger
>babies, why do Diabetics have this problem?  Don't non-Diabetics produce as
>much insulin as I artificially take? I don't really get it.  But I want a
>second opinion.  Ten pounds.  GEEZ.

Calm down, Sherry.  Some people have big babies, diabetes or no
diabetes.  Some have smaller ones.  I've had two babies, one on MDI and one
on the pump.  They were 6# 12oz and 7# 9oz, respectively.

Much of the baby's size depends on heredity.  My mom had small babies,
too.  And it's not insulin you inject that can make the baby big, it's high
blood sugars.  So try to keep your sugars in the normal range as much as
possible.  I'm pretty sure that the baby produces and uses its own
insulin.  Is that right, Spot?