Re: [IP] Re: Dex and LO

  RE; different BGs with the DEX...I have to tell you that my son was given a
DEX at camp these past 2 years and we don't let him use them beyond playing
with them once the one sample carosel of strips is gone.  The reason is this:
 The first year all of the kids at camp were given the DEX and then the reps
went around and did solution samples on all of their new meters to test them.
 Out of the same bottle of solution there was such a variation of numbers
that it was ridiculous, and we aren't talking just a few points..but more
than 100 points in difference with many of them.  This last year when Josh
got home with his second DEX meter FREEBIE..Josh poked his finger and from
that same finger did 5 or 6 tests with again such a variance on numbers that
it once again proved to us that this meter can not be trusted.  My friend,
Kerri, whose dtr went to the same camp did the same type of testing with her
freebie DEX and got the same results.  VERY frightening!  The only good thing
about that meter is the convenience of the 10 strips attached to it at once.
In my opinion the meter is not accurate and could prove very dangerous if
someone was actually using it for their BG control!

I hope this doesn't start a war on the list about meters.  That is NOT my
intention.  It is just that with these two different DEX meters (plus my
friend's) having such drastically different readings with the same sample
tells me that it can NOT be trusted!

mom to Joshua