Re: [IP] Re: Cure

In a message dated 1/1/01 11:06:14 PM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Does anyone wonder why... I wonder why I think they'd be crazy to find a
 cure for cancer or diabetes or Aids.

Somebody challenge me, >>

If pharmaceutical companies really wanted to make money wouldn't they do away
with all of their vaccine divisions and make people continue to pay for drugs
and treatments rather than be cured or never get it at all.  Did you know
that there are human trials now beginning using a vaccine to treat
Alzheimers.  Why should they bother when more money could be made with the
old treatments, right?  Do you have any idea the costs involved to bring a
drug to market and how many failures it takes.   Due to recent
advancements/breakthroughs in research there has been a higher success rate
the last few years leading to a higher profit margin which allows more
dollars to be spent on more research which I am all for.  (I work in Research
and I know where the money is going)  You have to pay top dollar to attract
top talent and in my opinion they can't spent enough on it.  I know my life
has been saved many times over by new discoveries and medical treatments and
I thank God for all the advancements in diabetes over the last 30 years and
even though we are not yet cured, quality of life has never been better.  For
the first time in my life I actually believe we will see a cure in the next
10 years.  There will be no stopping it!