Re: [IP] Living with Diabetes Psychologically

Natalie wrote:

> I've always felt that, as diabetics, we're in a damned if you do,
> damned if you don't situation.
> All the adorable little children are just that, really cute and
> active and ALIVE and healthy-looking, and it's hard for the public
> to understand that they are children at risk -- it's a WHOLE lot
> easier to feel compassion for a child in a wheelchair.

This is particularly true for IP's fundraising efforts. Unless it
feeds hungry children or protects battered women, there are no funds
available for small charities like ours. In November I sent out 600
letters to the CEO's of Silicon Valleys several hundred most
successful companies, top law firms and venture capital companies.
The results so far have been15 sorry letters and $13 in postage due
from returned envelopes. Charity here is clearly dead. The dot-com'rs
may have made their millions, but there sure not going to spread it