[IP] RE: insulin-pumpers-digest V4 #751

"Sherry.....wasn't pumping when I was PG 10 years ago....but be prepared for
big baby.....I was induced 4 weeks early and baby was 10 lbs 5 oz.....and she
is a beautiful 10 year old now...."

BITE YOUR TONGUE!!! I am aiming for a seven pounder.  Dear Lord.  TEN
POUNDS!!! That makes me so depressed that I want to go binge on some
chocolate, which of course will require a bolus, and possibly make the baby
bigger??? I just can't win.
Question--If the fact that insulin is a growth hormone is what causes bigger
babies, why do Diabetics have this problem?  Don't non-Diabetics produce as
much insulin as I artificially take? I don't really get it.  But I want a
second opinion.  Ten pounds.  GEEZ.

Sherry C
>From the massive city of Bowling Green, Ky
Trying not to think about ten pound babies