Re: [IP] I still don't like pumping

I have read the many other excellent and supportive replies to your post.

I am new to this.  Type I for almost 28 years and was on intensive MDi for
the last 7 years.  The first couple of weeks for me, were much as you
describe.  It took me a month to become comfortable wiht the pump and to
finally get the insertions down pat.  But I wanted to and my control prior
to the pump was terrible.

My humble experience:

Frustration such as yours usually comes from expectations.  Did you expect
pumping to immediately improve your control or for it to not take months or
years to figure out all the little things like clothing issues?

Was the pump your idea in the first place?  Are you one of us who has
fought for years to try it, saved money, battled insurance cos, battled
doctors etc?  Or was it someone else's idea?

Let us know the answers to these questions as the pump is a choice.  You
can go back to MDI anytime you like.  However i think i'm in good company
when i say that i implore you to give it a fair chance and study, study,
study the thing and your bg's etc.  The last month for me has been the best
in my entire life for DM!  Please don't give up... ...like the old ELO
song:  Hold on tight...

Darrin Parker
Nova Scotia, Canada!
of MDI!  (To date:  40% improvement in average bg's and 90% fewer hypos)!