Sorry that you didn't find the Disetronic Company helpful.  Have you written
to Patric DeHaas and the Area manager instead of trashing them on the list
only?

I was without good insurance and bought mine out of pocket secondhand. I
provided the letters and all to Disetronic and they bent over backwards to
help me, giving warrenty and all to the used one I had. They worked with my
ins. to get my upgrade, and I got it without a peep from the hardest ins.
company-medicaid--that one could have to deal with.

I fill my cartridges ahead of time and have a few weeks of filled carts on
hand.  I can understand your disappointment, but get onto the company and
address this repeatedly with them.  Does MiniMed have prefilled
cartridges/Resevoirs?

Have you gone to the monday night Disetronic chat? Just curious because any
gripes I've aired there have received attention.

Jenny Sutherland
http://wyldcelt.homestead.com/index.html
  I do not like working
  with the  disetronic company. I found that they manipulate the customer
  more than accommodate. I am referring to a specific incident. I was told by
  an area rep that there are prefilled cartridges for the new d-tron pump
  that was ready for use after march. they gave customers who bought the pump
  in march the 'power of choice'. that is, one could go on the h-tron and
  then change to the dtron. I purchased my h-tron as of jan. 1. I was
  therefore not with the group that was established 59 days later. I was then
  told by another rep that there now exist prefilled cartridges for the
  h-tron but they are being distributed only in an area other than the one
  where I live (northeast). then I was told by a rep that this problem was
  being brought to the attention of the board and he was sure I would be able
  to get cartridges or change for the new dtron. I never heard from the
  company again although I called a service dept. and faxed them my insurance
  info. since I travel alot, the prefilled cartridge would be a real plus for
  me. It would truly make me feel independent as I did when on MDIs. that is,
  when it is time to fill a cartridge, one must have a clean space, etc.easy.
  So, altho' the pump has some pluses for me, working with the disetronic
  company DOES NOT!