[IP] ...don't like pumping/digest V4#750

RE: still don't like pumping. I have type 1 for 41 years and have the
disetronic pump for one year. My A1Cs were actually better when on MDIs. I
chose the pump because I had real problems with low blood sugars and not
being able to detect them. Long-lasting insulin causes more sudden drops in
blood sugars and this, more than the numbers, put me in dangerous positions
especially when driving. However, now I have the confidence that I will not
pass out. Even if my blood sugar is 40 or 50,---because it does not drop
suddenly,--- I know I am safe. Actually, the pump has made dressing the big
problem. I am slender and so cannot comfortably tuck it into a bra. One
time, when I wore a thigh holder, it fell down because it could not be made
tight enough. I buy everything now with pockets. I certainly don't like the
idea that tight pants or skirts without pockets can not easily accommodate
the pump. I am thinking of trying the new glargine insulin which lasts 24
hours and does not precipitate lows. In addition, I do not like working
with the disetronic company. I found that they manipulate the customer more
than accommodate. I am referring to a specific incident. I was told by an
area rep that there are prefilled cartridges for the new d-tron pump that
was ready for use after march. they gave customers who bought the pump in
march the 'power of choice'. that is, one could go on the h-tron and then
change to the dtron. I purchased my h-tron as of jan. 1. I was therefore
not with the group that was established 59 days later. I was then told by
another rep that there now exist prefilled cartridges for the h-tron but
they are being distributed only in an area other than the one where I live
(northeast). then I was told by a rep that this problem was being brought
to the attention of the board and he was sure I would be able to get
cartridges or change for the new dtron. I never heard from the company
again although I called a service dept. and faxed them my insurance info.
since I travel alot, the prefilled cartridge would be a real plus for me.
It would truly make me feel independent as I did when on MDIs. now, when it
is time to fill a cartridge, one must have a clean space, the help of
someone to remind  about priming, etc. So, altho' the pump has some pluses
for me, working with the disetronic company DOES NOT!