Re: [IP] Silly question #665

Good points! I'm glad you brought this up! The trainers
definitely do NOT always do things the same way.

This is for Moira - make sure they show you in detail what to do
and if you have any questions about the insertion *at all*, ASK!
That's their job. And like Sylvia said, try to get them to show
you step by step details (and if you need more than one
demonstration, ask for more.) I didn't find the site insertion
difficult at all but it just depends - some people do. I had a
good trainer with a very good technique and I think that made all
the difference. As I said before, she gave me a good visual using
paper first and when it came time to actually insert a set on my
daughter, she told me to "come in like a plane landing" (about a
30^ angle she said), use continuous pressure, don't hesitate and
let up once you get started, etc. I just did it in one swift
movement. This trainer no longer works for Disetronic which is
really too bad. She was good! I hope you get a good one too!

Sylvia said:
Anyway, we had a trainer RN come out and basically she just stood
there and told me to 'do it' and got no training what-so-ever.
(some snipped)
It all depends on who the trainer is and what their training
technique is on how well one is 'trained' on doing the sites.
Learning the pump was all done with the use of the video we
received.  That was the easy part.  Doing the sites is a
different story.

little guy due 3/10/01