[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V4 #748

email @ redacted writes:

<<  They told me even through my blood sugars were controlled
 that I could not. Were they wrong?

I have a feeling that there are not "state" standards although I could be
wrong. I think it depends on where you go to donate. The reason I say this is
because someone on this list mentioned donating in Pennsylvania without a
problem. I live in Pennsylvania and I donate blood to our local blood bank. I
don't have diabetes but my son does. So, on one trip, I asked if he could
donate blood when he gets older. They told me he could not.