Re: [IP] Re: Medic Alert

>>SNIP<< Wearing a medic alert necklace - which is usually tucked inside a
woman's top,
is not subject to be found. In an emergency situtation, the EMTs are not
concerned with feeling inside one's blouse. It's the situation at hand (no
pun
intended) they are dealing with. >>SNIP<<

This brought to mind (in retrospect) a funny situation I encountered several
years ago while working through school as a skate guard at a local roller
rink. It was a Sunday evening and one of our regular customers (a middle-aged
woman in extremely good shape) dropped unconscious while skating. I quickly
came to the scene to attempt to assist, and had a pretty good idea that she
might be diabetic. I noticed a chain around her neck and, hoping it was indeed
a medic-alert necklace, reached discreetly into her shirt to retrieve the
necklace. Sure enough, she was diabetic. Only bad thing was, she woke up just
as I was retrieving her medic-alert. We laughed about it afterward, but
looking back I feel fortunate that she didn't have a very good left hook!!

Todd Merkle