Re: [IP] Silly question #665

Your pump trainer/educator will show you how to insert the sets
when you go for pump training. I had read the directions for the
Tenders (which I think are the same thing as Sil's) before the
pump training so I had a *basic* idea of how to do it, just no
practical experience. At the training, the trainer inserted one
into a piece of paper so we could see both sides of the set (I
thought this was a great visual aid.) Anyway, then she said it
was my turn, and gave me a Tender to insert in my daughter. She
and the dr observed my technique as I put it in, to make sure I
was doing it correctly. It was a piece of cake! If Lauren does
the set at the training, just watch closely how they show her to
do it. When I got home I inserted a set on myself and wore the
2nd pump (Disetronic), using saline for a few days.

Hope this helps!

Moira said:
How well did you know how to do an infusion set when your child
started pumping? I feel pretty clueless. Should I call the nurse
educator and ask for a session just on that? Or will I learn as I
go along?

little guy due 3/10/01