Re: [IP] I'm baaack

Not necessarily. I never felt any of mine until after 20wks
(usually around 22wks.) This can either be just because of a
really quiet baby or sometimes it's because the placenta is in
front (anterior) rather than in back (posterior.) There is
nothing wrong with that but it muffles the movements of the baby
and will take you longer to be able to feel them. Since you're
having an ultrasound soon you'll be able to find out if this is
the case or not (it was the case with me with the majority of
mine - we could tell on the ultrasounds.) Be assured that the
baby will start being active soon enough and then you'll wonder
why you were in such a hurry (esp when they are tap dancing on
your bladder or using your bladder for a punching bag.) ;) It is
reassuring to feel them move though. Just try not to worry about
it too much.

As for the stretch marks, try rubbing in vit E oil as well as the
cocoa butter. I've also heard almond oil is good. I got stretch
marks with my first, then none with the others - just recycled
the old ones (when #4 came along I did get a few more though - he
was my largest at almost 10 lbs and stretched my skin even more.)
I'm on #8 now and have had no new ones since #4. Some people are
lucky and never get them (or not very many) but most of us aren't
that lucky and get a few anyway. They do fade afterwards to where
you can hardly see them.

Glad to hear things are going well!

Sherry said:
For you Moms out there--should I be feeling any movement yet?
The thing is, I'm not exactly sure what the baby is supposed to
feel like. Sometimes I think maybe I felt something, but then I
think it was just indigestion.  Maybe little Sean is just not
much of a kicker.
(some snipped)
Also, anyone have any stretch mark advice? I'm using a little
cocoa butter moisturizer, but I don't see that it's helping.

little guy due 3/10/01