[IP] Donating Blood

Are there any pumpers, Type I, in Michigan, that have given/allowed to
give blood?  Just curious in that I am constantly asking if Type I's can
give blood every time the Bloodmobile comes to my place of employment.
I have called and asked the Red Cross, in Saginaw, to see if they allow
it and they don't either.  I have also told them that I would be happy
to get a release slip from my Doctor to allow me to give blood.

Wonder what really is the deciding factor in the States that will allow
Type I's to give blood.