Re: [IP] Re: DKA

>>> This is exactly what went through my mind.  "What a terrible way to die".
>Certainly no easier than advanced cancer, in fact maybe worse since the
>suffering in the last stages of DKA can go on and on before the patient (dog)
>finally dies. >>
>In my case, it was ME dying. When the newsie guy interviewed me for the BASH
>article I mentioned I had wanted to die. He thought I had been in a lot of
>pain, or why would a kid want to die? I couldn't recall (Hillary Syndrome) the
>terrible feeling, although I'm not sure I vomited or I would have recorded
>that in the diary I was keeping (miraculously) at the time. I was 11.5 y/o, 5'
>and weighed 59#. I had an elastic-waistband skirt that fell off of me. I was
>sooooooo thirsty, peeeeeeeed a lot, could hardly breathe, eyes rolled to the
>back of my head and I went into a coma.  I'm glad they didn't put me *to
>sleep* (lol) but I also would put a dog down if it went into DKA. I'm enough
>to handle. Just ask my hugsband. (~_^)

My sentiments exactly.  I remember my months prior to diag. at age 9.  No
coma, but all the rest.  To this day I'm still paranoid about being denied
access to a washroom.  In those days - actually even after diag., teachers
never allowed me to use the washroom let alone get a drink.  School was
hell since my 9:00am -11:00am bg's must have been 400+ each and every day!

As an adult I still get disturbed when giving days-long testimony in court
and have to ask for a pee break!

Darrin Parker
Nova Scotia, Canada!
Pumping for 4 weeks + thanks to the support of wonderful internet friends!
of MDI!