Re: [IP] Dogs in DKA

I had a cockatiel that I had to inject with very dilute amounts of insulin.
We had to use tes tape on her droppings to check how her levels were, if her
sugar was up, she would have more urine in the droppings (birds excrete
urine/feces/urates all in one dropping).  She lived for about a year after
diagnosis. (she was about 8 years old at diagnosis). We believe she had a low
when we were not at home.

aka Mouse