[IP] Re: DKA

>> This is exactly what went through my mind.  "What a terrible way to die".
Certainly no easier than advanced cancer, in fact maybe worse since the
suffering in the last stages of DKA can go on and on before the patient (dog)
finally dies. >>

In my case, it was ME dying. When the newsie guy interviewed me for the BASH
article I mentioned I had wanted to die. He thought I had been in a lot of
pain, or why would a kid want to die? I couldn't recall (Hillary Syndrome) the
terrible feeling, although I'm not sure I vomited or I would have recorded
that in the diary I was keeping (miraculously) at the time. I was 11.5 y/o, 5'
and weighed 59#. I had an elastic-waistband skirt that fell off of me. I was
sooooooo thirsty, peeeeeeeed a lot, could hardly breathe, eyes rolled to the
back of my head and I went into a coma.  I'm glad they didn't put me *to
sleep* (lol) but I also would put a dog down if it went into DKA. I'm enough
to handle. Just ask my hugsband. (~_^)

http://maxpages.com/bludasue (<--- BASH news article available free until
1/3/01 at paragraph #6. I can e-mail privately upon request after that)