Re: [IP] Funny Story For Long Timers...

At 06:35 AM 1/1/2001 email @ redacted wrote:
 >         Donna I have been reading all the posts on urine and must smile.
 >Boys like Sam or George will remember the Draft. I had 300 boys 17-19 years
 >old asking me to pee in a cup for them. You ask why would they want sweet
 >pee? Well, in 1963 we had a small problem in southeast Asia.

Yeah I remember the draft... I got my draft notice 3 times... I got
deferments twice (still finishing college). Then after a year of graduate
school, just as the 3rd notice showed up, I joined the Air Force. That was
way back in 1966. While I was in the service, 2.5 years was spent in two SE
Asian countries, but not Vietnam. <whew!> I just flew a desk for 4 years,
which was fine with me. <vbg>

I didn't have DM at the time, so there weren't any handy medical excuses.
Diabetes didn't show up until 9 years after I had gotten out of the service.

(who was in Khorat Thailand when Neil Armstrong landed on the moon)