Re: [IP] Donating blood

>I live in Georgia and I donate blood to the Red Cross here I was asked at a
>drive they were having at Lowes store here one day I told them that I could
>not donate because of diabetes they told me that that was no problem so now I
>donate not as often as I should but that's my fault.

The policy of allowing diabetics to donate blood seems to vary from region
to region.  Here in NS, we are not allowed to donate due to possible hypo
hazzards associated with large amounts of blood loss.

Back in university there was a contest for the residence.  The floor with
the most donners won pizza and beer.  I went down to donate and of course I
wasn't allowed.  It cost my floor mates a free weekend's worth of food and
beer.  To this day, I think that was the most hurtful experience i had due
to DM.  I really believed in giving blood and still do.

Darrin Parker
Nova Scotia, Canada!
Pumping for 4 weeks + thanks to the support of wonderful internet friends!
of MDI!