[IP] Re: Testing restaurant pop

> There are several different ways to check for sugar in pop.  The one
> we use to to dip a Clinistix in it.  I always keep a tube of them in
> my purse.  If it changes color it's not diet or it contains juice. -

Every time I read the above, it's a major turn off to me - dipping a
urine-testing stick into pop. I somehow think the chemical portion of the
stick may leach into the drink. Wouldn't it be safer to hold a finger on the
end of a dipped straw and let some drop onto the stick? Make sure it's pure
pop and not diluted near the icy portion. YMMV (~_^)

http://maxpages.com/bludasue (<--- BASH news article available free through
1/3/01 at 6th paragraph. After that I can e-mail it privately upon request.)