Re: [IP] Insulin Pump Brands

In a message dated 12/31/00 9:00:11 AM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Gordon wrote "...I have had the door on the replacement pump come open a
 couple of times...the door is poorly designed". I agree, and using the "Full
 reservoir method" makes it worse because there's only the luer lock lever
 holding res in place and it sticks outside the pump more. My seat belt
 caught on the luer lock and pulled the door open. If you can use the "Short
 reservoir method", the res doesn't stick out so far and you have both the
 lever and the reservoir converter holding the res in place.Using the pouch
 helps too. If you use a lot of insulin, you may not be able to use the Short
 Method, unless you change the res often >>

I think you may be rite I use the full res. method so I don't have to change
every time I change a set and one of the times that my door came open I am
99% sure it caught on my seat belt. About a week ago I had a chance to see
the D-Tron pump by Disetronic and I was impressed with the way the tubing
come out at the connection on it stay right against the end of the pump.