[IP] Lipohypertrophy

I've been reading the thread on fat tummies (lipohypertrophy) and found the
following information in the Merck Manual.  Since after years of pork
insulin injections I have some pronounced lipohypertrophy, I found it
interesting, and thought you might also.

"Local fat atrophy or hypertrophy at injection sites is relatively rare and
usually improves by switching to human insulin and injecting it directly
into the affected area. No specific treatment of local fat hypertrophy is
required, but injection sites should be rotated."

I can't say I've seen any improvement since I started using human insulin
but one can always hope.

You can find the Merck Manual of Diagnostics and Therapy at

It's definitely worth looking at.