[IP] Re: Fat guts!

At 11:50 AM 01/31/2000 , you wrote:
>The only reason pumpers or anybody else [non diabetics]have fat
>is due to the fat they consume. To much fat goes right to the gut & shows up
>here first.

My husband...non D....has always had a fat gut.  Even when he was a very
young child...and very thin, he always had a gut on him.  When he entered
the service at 135 lbs...and very thin, he had a gut, and the Army could
never take it off of him, no matter how hard they tried.  He's now 52 years
old, not a bit overweight, walks in excess of 5 miles a day, but looks like
he has a beer belly.

My son Anthony, 11, D since he was 6 has the same problem.  His ped endo
said that he and my husband may have a predisposition to type 2 diabetes,
although Anthony already had developed type 1.  She told us this particular
body type is very typical of people who are genetically predisposed to type
2 diabetes.

Diabetes, both type 1 and type 2 run in both sides of my family, although
the males usually develop type 1.  Type 2 runs in both sides of my
husband's family.

So I would have to say that your statement may not be correct either.

mother of Anthony, 11, dx 9-22-95, pumping next week!