[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V3 #878

Hello everyone, I just subscribed a few days ago and have already gotten a wealth of information.  Much more than from any book so thank you very much.  I'm 40 and have been diabetic for 30 years and will soon be pumping (next week, hopefully).  I have a special
request, I would like to know if there are any Canadians on this list.  And I'd also like to hear from people who live in isolated areas.  I live in the north and am a 10 hours drive from the nearest diabetic doctor (endos I think you call them).  I also feel like I'm
just coming out of the dark ages when it comes to diabetes.  I would have never considered the pump if a diabetic doctor, who has the pump,  had not shown up in our small community talking about them, she was representing Minimed.  I am now about to become the pioneer
of pumping in my part of the country.  All eyes are on my to see if I survive, actually I feel more like a lab rat.  I had to make alot of the contacts to get this ball rolling and I'm not really sure what I've gotten myself into.

I'm reassured by all the reading I've done on the net and on this list that this will be a major turning point for my health.  Please feel free to email me privately, my address is

email @ redacted

thanks again for all the great information.