[IP] Bg Awareness Post-pump

In a message dated 1/31/00 2:06:54 AM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< But the most amazing thing now with Pumping is - he knows what a NORMAL
 feels like,  >>
     Vive la difference!! Yet another of those little "intangibles" that
anti-pump endos and anti-pump insurers fail to grasp. My 17 yr old daughter
feels crummy, sluggish, etc/  with a bg in the high 200s now; above 350 (
thankfully VERY rare), she's "possessed", impossible to even speak to,
crying, angry, nauseous, etc.....Lows seem to unnerve her, rendering her
frightened, helpless, shaky, cold, etc...
     And when she's around 100, she's a sheer delight - funny, witty,
happy...so predictably, that even being a hormonal teenager, when she's
acting like this, I always say to my hubby "bet her bg is in range!"
      So much for the "mechanics" of diabetes!....Until those stubborn endos
give more credence to the "non-mechanical" aspects of life with diabetes
24/7, they just won't "get it"!!
So here's a GIANT round of applause for all the IPers who've proactively
fought to get themselves or their children off the "rusty rollercoaster" that
has been tolerated for far too long as the "standard" of diabetes

Regards, Renee (Melissa's pump-mom )