[IP] Humulin R in Pump

Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 14:54:38 -0500
From: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] Humilin R in pump

I wanted to know if anyone uses Humilin R instead of Humalog in the pump.  I
have been pumping with Humalog since May and have been very frustrated with
delays in response time and lots of rollercoastering?
I use Humulin R in my pump.  It works  better for me than Humalog as long as
I stick to my old eating pattern of regular meals (every 5-6 hours). When I
occasionally eat high glycemic foods or eat at  odd times, the "unused
insulin rule" doesn't work and I mess up my bg as much as I did on Humalog.
This weekend, I decided to give up the "spontaneity" of a less restricted
eating schedule for the comfort of following my own biorhythm which demands
regularity.  Of course, I've had diabetes for 45 years now, so what is
comfortable for me might appear tyrannical to the younger generation. :-)
Denise Guerin
Type1- 45 years