Re: [IP] tissue damage re leaving old sets in

On Sun, 30 Jan 2000, amy m wrote:
> Ok, we got into this at summer camp, how pumpers get
> fat stomachs even if they're bony elsewhere. I have
> noticed that, even though i haven't used my stomach

If you continuously use your stomach area for infusion, you will get
"insulin hypertrophy" in that area. Insulin is a hormone that accelerates
growth of tissue, so you can get a little "puch" where it is constantly
infused. If you are dilgent about rotating the sites away from your
tummy, you can pretty much avoid this problem, particularly if you use
other areas such as buttocks, thighs, both upper and lower tummy. If you
can give each "spot" a rest of a couple of weeks between "insults" you
are doing well.