Re: [IP] Retinopathy

I had laser surgery in 1975 when I was 15 years old.  I was the second
to youngest patient in their study at Johns Hopkins.  Since then, I have
had several treatments, the last was 1991.  I think the worst part of
the laser is what we THINK is going to happen and not the actual laser.

You will sit in a chair and in no time it will be over.  They call it
surgery (the word itself is scarey!) but I didn't even take my shoes
off, or have blood work taken, and the doctor was alone and did not wear
a mask or scrubs.  I soooo freaked out because I thought it was going to
be like it was in 1975... it wasn't.  My laser was over in less than 30
minutes.  Some laser treatments take less time and some a bit longer but
I promise that the worse part is thinking about it.  If you feel really
freaked out, ask you doctor to prescribe some sort of seditive to take
an hour before the laser.

I have been on the pump for 2 months and a diabetic for 37 years.  My
vision is good and I have no other complications other than retinopathy.

Talk to you later.
Virginia