[IP] No Low BG Sensation

I have seen this discussed before but I don't think in quite this way. I
too have no realization of a low BG until is gets into the upper to
mid-thirties. When I start correcting is when the symptoms appear and
therein lies my problem. I was low, 43, when I stopped for lunch and still
hadn't felt it. As I ate lunch I started showing symptoms of low BG and
even now have some. My carb count says I need 3.5 u of insulin after
correcting for the low BG. I can reason that the number is right but my gut
feeling is that I need to wait. Should I wait? And if so, how long?