Re: [IP] Retinopathy

Hi Eileen:

I am 1 year into being diagnosed with pdr (proliferative  diabetic
retinopathy) in my right eye and npdr (non-proliferative diabetic
retinopathy) in my left.

So far I have had 6 laser surgeries on my right and a vitrectomy surgery
for recurring vitreous  hemmorage, and 1 preventive laser on my left eye
(done during the vitrectomy surgery).

It was very scary at first - I never thought about complications
happening to me.  But now I have hope that I will keep my vision.  The
surgeries and doctor's visits have been a pain in the you know what,
especially trying to work too.  The emotional at times have seemed
unbearable to deal with.  But thanks to good doctors, a supportive
family and a lot of education I feel I am going to make it.  And you
will also.

Hopefully, they have caught yours before you have gotten to the
proliferative stage.  Thank God, we are  on the pump and can keep our
blood sugars more in control to avoid any further complications.

Sorry this is so long, but I know exactly how frightening this can be
and I would be glad to talk to you privately if you would like to e-mail
me.

I will keep you in my prayers.

Janice Ward