[IP] Injecting through Silhouettes

> Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 20:17:16 -0800
> From: "Vern Catron" <email @ redacted>
> Subject: RE: [IP] Injecting through Silhouettes
> When I was using saline in my pump for the first 3 days getting used to
> pump, Y did use the connector to inject.  I have a question for you why
> you using regular insulin in the pump?  I have been using Humalog from the
> start.

When I used Humalog for my basals, I went into ketoacidosis very quickly if
I had a delivery problem. Ketones, nausea and vomiting within one hour of
stopped or decreased delivery. I test 8-10 times a day and once or twice at
night and because of gastroparesis cannot predict whether a high bg is
caused by delayed food absorption or too small a bolus.  .Humalog leaves me
jittery.  It works too fast and leaves too fast.  My endo suggested
switching to R three months ago and using Humalog only to cover high
glycemic foods such as my 60th birthday cake last November.  :-)

Denise Guerin
Type 1- 45 years