[IP] Retinopathy

Hi....I was hoping some of you could help me...I went to my eye doctor this
week and he told me I have acute changes in both eyes..left more than
right...with "yellow spots" on my macula.....I am assuming he means
retinopathy..but he said this was quite rare for my age..32........so he is
sending me for an emergency consult to a retinologist for probable laser
surgery.  I have has IDDM almost 28 years now.......and this is my first
major complication must admit I am terrified.  If any of your could share
your experiences with me, I'd be very grateful......also, I am going on the
pump Wed, finally!!!  I can't wait!!!

Thank you...Eileen