Re: [IP] Waiting on pump authorization

In a message dated 01/29/2000 5:42:05 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< I can see the pump is very beneficial to those that are
 having a difficult time getting their D under control but what about the
 people who have their D under control.  Should they lose the right to own a
 pump?   >>

Just let me play devil's advocate for a moment.  You could argue your case
and explain to them till your blue in the face that of course you should have
a pump, not because you need good control, but because you deserve the best
tools available to get it and the freedom of lifestyle, yadda, yadda, yadda.
 Or you could just tell them what they want to hear, that yes, you do go up
and down 100 pts at a time, which leaves you exhausted, feeling sick,
constantly battling lows.  Make it sound bad and you'll probably get your
pump sooner.  Hide your self-confidence at dealing w/DM and tell them you
NEED a pump for whatever reason they want to hear.

Of course this is just my humble opinion, and I'm sure others will see this
differently, but after I got my pump and know what a difference it makes, I'd
go to a whole new level to get one ....   :-))