Re: [IP] UGLY CDE encounter, & questions - LONG!!!

In a message dated 1/29/00 9:47:58 AM Pacific Standard Time, email @ redacted

<< If my doctor (who apparently doesn't prescribe
 pumps anyway) has prescribed 200 strips. no designated brand, can she decide
 that they MUST all be the same?  >>
Your doctor may have to write out how many strips of what kind but you should
be able to get the kind you want.  It isn't up to her it is up to you and
your insurance company who pays for them.

Who all should I be apprising of this situation?
Anyone who will listen!!  Her company/supervisor, your endo, your ins.co.
Let them know about this person, her practices and especially her attitude!!

 I hope you are able to get a new CDE this person does not sound supportive
or professional.  I would also try to get a new supplier.  We may be diabetic
but we do have choices as to our care and the products we use.

Good Luck, Linda