Re: [IP] There is a first time for everything

In a message dated 1/29/00 8:46:06 PM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> You should leave the old set in place for
>  2 hrs on H
>  4 hrs on R
>  to allow time for any infused insulin to be absorbed before removing
>  the set. This prevents leakage or tissue damage from affecting the
>  absorbtion of already infused insulin.
I am very confused.  When I do I set change, I put the pump in suspend and
disconnect at the site, while showering I remove what's attached to me and
then proceed with IV prep , etc., etc.  The whole process takes me 15
minutes.  I have always removed the old set first.