[IP] Injecting through Silhouettes

The insert that comes with my Silhouettes indicates that insulin injections
can be given by inserting syringe or pen needle into the opening of the
disconnect cover and pushing the needle through the soft cannula.  Has
anyone ever done that?  I am pumping Regular insulin , but occasionally
inject Humalog by syringe if   I am eating a high glycemic meal.  Would it
be worth it to disconnect, inject the Humalog through the Silhouette and
then reconnect so that my normal Regular basals would continue as usual?  I
have never heard of anyone doing this.  Anyone?
Denise Guerin
Type 1 45 years