Re: [IP] UGLY CDE encounter, & questions - LONG!!!

My questions are: 1)  Can she do that?  (#7)  If my doctor (who apparently
doesn't prescribe pumps anyway) has prescribed 200 strips. no designated
brand, can she decide that they MUST all be the same?  I was planning to keep
my FastTake at work as a backup...not much good without strips!  Is it her
role to tell me what
 I may or may not do regarding meters/strips?

You should have 2 scripts written for the two brands, but be prepared that
your INSURANCE company may not allow them to be filled the same day, but same
day is the only problem i've ever had with two brands.. but I've never
attempted to have one prescription written for two (or more) brands of
strips...  good luck with the accucheck complete.. i jsut wen tback to it as
I will be able to keep track of the most info and download to my computer (if
the software ever really works!)... my other favorite meter was the QID
because its tiny and the strips are wrapped individually so you can take just
a few if you have to carry a tiny purse.