Re: [IP] Store alarms and the pump

In a message dated 1/29/00 11:30:29 AM Eastern Standard Time, email @ redacted

<< Just wondering if anyone else has experienced any problems entering or
 leaving stores that have the security panels at the door checking for stolen
 items (?). >>

Liz...yes, I have had this problem too.  There was a period of three days a
few months ago where I set off alarms at Brooks Pharmacy, Home Depot and
Walmart.  Brooks wasn't a problem because I knew the people behind the
counter, I showed them my pump and left, but at Home Depot and Walmart they
checked my bags.  I'm not even sure if it WAS my pump, but when I was at Home
Depot I was wearing clothes without pockets, sandals, and wasn't carrying
keys or a wallet with me...the only thing on me was my pump.  I called
Minimed after the third alarm went off, and they said they have never heard
of anything like this happening.  Alarms haven't gone off since, knock on
wood, but I'm 99.9% positive that the pump was what set them off.  Kelly