Re: [IP] Re: venting about "partners"

In a message dated 01/28/2000 12:15:19 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

I'm sorry but I've just got to put my nosy 2 cents in here. I think the
boyfriend needs not a diabetes education, but a boyfriend/human being
education.  Why should your relationship end because you can't have children?
(not that you can't, you probably can very successfully) Is he in love, or
does he want a little clone to run around underfoot and call him Daddy?
Sorry if I've offended anyone, but I speak with the perspective of an
adoptive parent and don't think anyone's relationship should be based on
their ability to procreate.

I really sincerely hope things are going better soon.

<< As for your boyfriend - it sounds like he needs a little diabetes
 As with everyone else diabetics are individuals and each person has a
 different set of circumstances as to what they are and aren't able to do.
 for having children-there have been many posts on the IP list from diabetics
 here who have had successful pregnancies. >>