Re: [IP] Spouse's and the big D -

So exactly how do you go about educating people the best way?  Books?  Make
them test themselves?  Does just talking about it do the trick?  My
boyfriend and I have been together for a year now, and we've been talking
about getting married and moving in together, etc... while we have been best
friends for 3 years before we started dating, I still don't think he knows
that much about DM.  He knows I'm a very independent person, and I think he
just doesn't want to interfere.  I want him to know what I go through,
though, and why, and how to help me if I need it (and how to know when I
need it because I have a hard time asking)... But I don't want to make him
think he's stupid either.   Any input from spouses?  What you would have
liked to know etc...