Re: [IP] Sick Care, Primary Care Physicians/Pumping

Andrea, actually I have been encountering the opposite - no matter what I
take my son to a doctor or clinic for, they get stuck on the fact that he has
diabetes.  Two weeks ago we went to a clinic one night because I suspected my
son had bronchitis (was right), but they insisted on a blood sugar (ok, thats
fine), talked my son thru every step of it (as if he hasn't done it himself
1,000s of times before) and the diagnosis they put on the insurance slip was
hypglycemic episode (his blood sugar was 80!).  On the way out, they praised
me for remaining so calm when my son's blood sugar was "only" 80.  Should
have seen their faces when I told them I've seen him in the low 30-s so 80 is
just fine!